Children will have fun starting to learn about Moses as a Baby, how God spooke to him in the burning bush, and how God used Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt through the parting of the Red Sea with these fun Bible crafts for kids of all ages.
Who was Moses?
Moses was an important Old Testament Prophet who was used by God to lead the Israelites out of Egypt and across the Red Sea. The story of Moses is told in the book of Exodus in the Bile. Some major events in his life included:
- Moses was chosen by God. Pharoah was afraid there were too many Israelite slaves so he ordered all the baby boys to be killed at birth. Moses’ mother hid him until she could no longer keep him as secret and then she placed him in a basket on the Nile River to keep her son from being killed.
- Moses was raised in the Pharoah’s Palace. Pharoah’s daughter found the baby in a basket floating down the river and she raised him as her own son in the luxurious palace. Moses’ birth mother was chosed randomly to nurse him.
- Moses sinned by commiting murder. Although Moses grew up in the palace he knew he was a Hebrew like the slaves. One day Moses saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew and he killed him.
- Moses ran away to the desert. After committing murder, Moses ran away so the Pharoah wouldn’t kill him. He lived in the desert of Midian for 40 years. While he was there he got married and had children.
- Moses in the burning bush. God spoke to Moses in a bush that did not burn up. He told Moses to go back to Egypt to deliver His people out of Pharoah’s hands. Moses was afraid and God sent Moses’ brother Aaron with him to Egpyt.
- Plagues of Egypt. Moses confronted the Pharoah and told him to let God’s people leave. When Pharoah refused, God used Moses to deliver the 10 Plauges of Egpyt (turning to blood, frogs, lice, flies, livestock pestilence, boils, hail, locusts, darkness and the killing of firstborn children).
- Moses led God’s people through the Red Sea. After the last plague Pharoah told Moses to take the Hebrews and go, but after they left he changed his mind and began chasing them. God allowed Moses to part the Red Sea for his people to get across and then the sea closed and Pharoah’s army was swallowed up in the water.
- Moses spoke with God in Mt. Sinae. Moses spent 40 days on the top of the mountain talking to God. When he came down he brought the Ten Commandments down to teach to the Israelites, but they had made idols instead of God who brought them out of slavery.
- Moses led God’s people for 40 years in Wilderness. God’s people wandered in the desert on their way to the promised land for 40 years.
- Moses sent 12 men to go into Canann, the Promised Land. God’s people once again doubted they could overcome the giants living in this land flowing with milk, honey, and large grape clusters so God did not allow them to enter into the promised land.
- Moses died at 120 years of age in Moab.
Moses for Kids
Kids will have fun learning about the life of Moses with these fun, easy Bible crafts that will help them rembember the stories they hear in Sunday School. These activities are great ot teach about Moses for Kids at home, school, Awana, or Sunday School with students from toddler, preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
- You will need at least 2 pieces of construction paper per child. You can use any colors you like: brown, red, orange, yellow, green, purple, blue, black, or white paper
- Hold a piece of construction paper horizontally and put the edges together so they are touching (if you can, don’t crease it down the middle as it will leave a crease mark on the craft). Then, cut horizontal slits to 1-2″ from each edge. See picture above.
- Next, on a seperate piece of construction paepr, cut strips of paper horizontally about 1-2″ wide.
- Finally, weave the paper strips through the initial paper flaps going over, under, over, under, etc. Slide all the way to the left and repeat until you’ve finished your placemat.
Burning Bush Craft for Kids
Crossing the Red Sea
If you are looking for more fun, engaging Bible lessons to make Bible stories come alive to young leaners, don’t miss these Old Testament Stories. Each lesson contains ideas for teaching the story along with Bible crafts, Bible activities, free Bible printables, and more!
- Creation (includes free printable craft)
- Days of Creation Bingo (free printable)
- Cain & Able Craft
- Noah’s Ark
- 10 Commandment Printable Valentines Craft
- Nahum Prophet to Nineveh Craft (K-3rd)
- Prophet Ezekiel Pinwheel Craft (K-3rd)
- Daniel & the Lion’s Den Lion Pillow Craft (K-3rd)
- Shadrack, Mishak & Abednigo Fiery Furnace Craft
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant
- Zechariah Lampstand Craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall
- Old Testament Kings Review Activity (K-4th)