Make the Bible story of Jesus Feeds the 5000 come alive in your next Sunday school lesson as you use our Jesus feeds 5000 craft and Jesus miracles activities. Our Jesus Feeds 5000 printable crafts and activities are perfect for teaching preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students about Jesus’ miracles from Matthew 14, Mark 6, Luke 9, or John 6.
Jesus Feeds 5000 Craft
This super cute, free printable Jesus Feeds 5000 Craft is perfect for your next Sunday school lesson with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Included is not only a simple Jesus feeds the 5000 craft, but Bible verse activity to make learning Bible stories fun, memorable, and meaningful for children. These Jesus feeds the 5000 ideas Make the well-known story of how Jesus feeds five thousand come alive with these fun games, crafts, and interactive story telling for kids of all ages.
Jesus feeds the 5000 activities
Here is a fun bible verse game to help kids learn and review John 11:25-26 or any other verse you’d like. The story for Jesus feeding the crowd is told in all four gospels -Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:30-44; Luke 9:10-17; or John 6:1-15.
Using the free printable bread and fish template below you are going to make have 5 loaves and two fish per child. We put them in a lunch sack for effect by cutting off the 2” from the top and stapling to make a handle.
As kids walked in I said here is your lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fish. Then they came in to do the verse activity.
Jesus feeds 5000 activity
The kids then tore up their bread like Jesus did in our story today. They tore their bread into word size pieces.
Hint: This activity requires reading and is best suited to 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
Jesus feeds the 5000
The kids then put the bread scraps in order to make our verse, John 11:25-26. I told them they were welcome to use their Bibles or verse cards to help.
The kids put the pieces back in their sack lunch so they could take them home to practice the verse again.
Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
This is a easy bible craft to teach the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand all you need are a couple common materials and our free printable fish template:
- penne pasta (to symbolize the bread; we used 1 box for 50 students)
- a hole punch
- yarn (about an arms length per child)
Each child will need arms length of yarn, 5 bread noodles, and 2 fish.
I looped the yarn around the fish then put the yarn together to go through the first pasta (since there is an odd number). Then pull the yarn apart and put 2 more penne pasta noodles per side and tie the yarn together.
Super cute. Super easy. Lots of FUN!
Jesus Feeds 5000 Lesson
To tell the kids the story we brought in a picnic basket. We laid out a blanket and talked about what we liked to take on picnics. Then we tied it in with the story. One boy had brought a lunch, but everyone else was hungry. We know there were 5,000 men + women + children.
The one little lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fish fed everyone with plenty leftover.
Just like the story, we asked our small group leaders to come up and gave them each a loaf of bread and fish (Swedish fish). They tore up the bread and the kids made circles around them. The leader thanked God for the food and they ate their snack.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft & Lesson
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
Jesus Feed 5000 Craft
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share, please share a link to this page for others to grab their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!