Autumn is right around the corner and that means bring on all the seasonal crafts! It is time to decorate with pumpkins, carve jack-o-lanterns, make apple art, and make some happy spooky crafts for kids in October. This super cute ghosts craft is perfect for Halloween, but you can use the same technique to improve pincer grasp to create colorful bats, sunflower mosaics, and our very happy-not-so-spooky white bean ghosts! These little guys use an old technique to create an easy to do and fun craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary age students in first grade and 2nd grade. Grab the glue and let’s get crafty!
Looking for a creative, easy, and fun-to-make ghosts craft for October? You will love this cute ghost craft for Halloween! Grab a couple simple supplies like glue, dried beans in various colors, a scrap piece of cardboard and you are ready to get crafty with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Ghost Craft for Kids
Dried bean art has been around for a while. That is no surprise either! Dried bean art is easy enough for three and four-year-old children to do yet can lend itself to more complicated projects for elementary age kids or older. In fact, even adults will enjoy this process. What’s more? Beans are easy to find and inexpensive too! Use cardboard as your canvas and you have a very accessible project for all ages.
Halloween crafts for kids
To make this fun Halloween craft for kids you will need a few simple craft supplies you probably already have on hand:
- Dried white beans
- Dried black beans
- White glue
Halloween crafts for toddlers
To make Happy White Bean Ghosts:
- Begin by cutting a piece of cardboard to your desired size. Try different shapes like triangles, or ovals for your cardboard canvas. Make the cardboard all the same size or mix it up with varying sizes. It will be fun to see how each ghost looks so different!
- Use your white glue to create ghost shape on the cardboard. You can do this in one of two ways; Use a glue bottle with a squirt nozzle and apply directly to the cardboard or use a paint brush to “paint” the glue on in a ghost shape.
- Take a handful of white beans and pour them directly onto the glue ghost outline. Shake the beans around to cover the glue ghost shape. Add more beans until you have covered the glue entirely.
- Now take two black beans and place them into the top of the ghost to create eyes. Add five or six beans in a half circle to create a smile.
- Set your happy ghost to the side and allow the glue to dry.
Easy Halloween Crafts
Once the glue has dried, you could create a garland, add yarn to hang as a picture or use for a letter G unit. Try making the letter G with beans too! There are lots of ways to supplement this Halloween crafts for preschoolers activity! Have fun with it!
Halloween Craft Ideas
- Easy Spider Slime Recipe
- 31 Fabulous October Crafts for Kids
- Roll a Jack o Lantern Printable Activity
- Clothespin Skeleton Craft
- Parts of a Pumpkin Craft
- 100 Amazing Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
- Sponge Painted Bat Craft
- Free October Activity Calendar based on books!
- Dehydrated Apple Art
- 31 Fun October Activities for Kids
Candy Corn Activities
Looking for more candy corn activities for kids? You will love all these creative ideas!
- Free Candy Corn Words
- Candy Corn Edible Playdough
- Addition and Subtraction Candy Corn Math
- Phonics Puzzles with a fun Candy Corn Theme for Fall
- 28 Candy Corn Activities for Kids
- EPIC Candy Corn Popsicle Stick Catapults
- Candy Corn Multiplication and Division Puzzles
- Counting Candy Corn Puzzles
- Candy Corn Turkey Count and Trace