Make if fun for young learners to practice letter recognition with this preschool letter recognition. This easy, no-prep letter recognition activities preschool is such a good way for children to practice recogniting uppercase letters. SImply download pdf file with these letter recognition printable and you are ready to play and learn your upper case letters!
Preschool Letter Recognition
Letter recognition is the foundation of reading. Children need to be able to use visual discrimination to idenfiy letters individually. This simply, Preschool Letter Recognition is a great way to start teaching letter recognition to preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners. If a child cannot recognize letters then they will struggle with recognizing sight words and sounding out CVC words. Using fun and easy letter recognition activities preschool is a great way to make learning fun and prepare children for reading. These letter recognition printables allow the children to practice recognizing letters, and with your help practice the sounds each letter makes.
Letter recognition printable
Letter recognition activities preschool
So this printable requires almost no prep-work.
- First, print off the sheets.
- Then find some snap cubes or other game markers.
- Finally, sit down with your preschooler or kindergartener and you are ready to go.
Letter recognition games for preschoolers
If you have a child that know their letters and their sounds then you can allow them to do them independently. Simply hand them some snap cubes and the sheets. Have them say the letter in the middle of the sheet, and then its sound. Next, have them place a snap cube on each letter that matches the letter in the middle. Each time they put the cube down, have them say the letter and the sound.
Activities for letter recognition
If your child is still learning their alphabet, then you can use these printables for instruction.
Let’s say you are working on the letter W. You could begin by pointing to the letter W, and saying the letter as well as the sound.
Next, let your child trace it and find some characteristic of the letter. Then it is time to try and find the other W’s on the printable. You could begin by pointing to the U and ask, “Is this a W?”
No matter there answer you can respond, “This is a U. It is curved at the bottom, which is not like the W.”
Your next step could be to point to the V and once again ask if it a W. Whatever their answer, you can once again respond by explaining and showing them why it is not a W.
Work your way around the printable, doing the same thing until you have talked about each letter. Teaching letters and seeing little one learn their letters is such a special time. And if you need more letter recognition ideas here are some that might help.
Letter Recognition Worksheets
Looking for more fun letter recognition worksheets? You will love these free alphabet printables:
- Cinderella Color by Letter
- A to Z Worksheet (each worksheet has a different theme!)
- Letter Recognition Cards
- Christmas Find the Letter Worksheets
- Fall Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Free ABC Letter Find Printable
- Free ABC Letter Find
- Preschool Letter Recognition Worksheets (super cute and simple)
- Snow Worksheets – Find the letter and make it snow in the snow globe with do a dot markers!
- Alphabet Stickers Printable for Fall
- LOTS more letter recognition activities and printables!
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
Download Letter Recognition Find the Letter
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.