If you are teaching the four friends bible story, you love these clever ideas to add to your lesson. The four friends bible story is about 4 men who took their sick friend to see Jesus so he could be healed from Matthew 9:1-8. YOu might recall how it was so crowded they went onto the roof, made a hole in the roof, and lowered their friend down. We have toms fun Jesus miracles craft and activities to go along with the four friends in the bible. This the 4 friends lesson is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders too.
The Four Friends Bible Story
Our church teaches through the Bible in a 4 year cycle with kids. This year is year 3 and we’ve gotten to talk about the life and ministry of Jesus! For our lesson on the four friends Bible story we did a fun four friends help a paralyzed man craft and an engaging friends activity. The four friends helped craft was quick and easy. All you need tom make the four friends bible story craft is yarn, 2 pipe cleaners, and template.
Four Friends Bible Story
Here is the story of four friends Bible story, one of Jesus’ miracles. You can find the story about the healing of the man who couldn’t walk and whose friends brought him to the feet of Jesus by lowering him through the roof of the building where Jesus was speaking. This is a great story about Jesus, miracles, and good friends.
Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!” Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” Then the man got up and went home. When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.
The four friends in the bible
Start out with two different activities kids could do as they came in to help prepare them for our lesson on the Four Friends that Helped.Then, we made a large house using masking tape on the floor. We used this for the games and as an illustration during the Bible story as all 60 of our 1st grade kids had to sit in the house.
Note: At the beginning of the lesson we removed the pointed roof when we explained roofs at this time did not come to a point.
Back to the game….
The kids made a line along the outside of the house and then took turns with one kid laying on the mat (we only allowed kids with pants or shorts on underneath to lay down) while 4 friends scooted the person around the house carefully on a beach air mattress.
The kids thought this was lots of fun!
We emphasized it was about getting their friend to Jesus safely and not about the speed in which they did it.
The 4 Friends
The other activity the kids could do was to go in the house where they stood on a chair and dropped a bean bag. They were trying to get it in the bulls eye (the feet of Jesus) (we made with masking tape and a red circle of construction paper)
Jesus Miracles Crafts
This is a simple, fun to make craft to go along with the lesson. Using the free printable mat template below, kids colored in the mat and hole punched the four corners. Then kids attached yarn so they could lower the friend down to see Jesus (we just crossed the two sections at the top, but any way works).
Four friends help a paralyzed man craft
We made the friend out of 2 pipe cleaners like this:
- Holding the first pipe cleaner in the middle make a circle (head) then twist together several times and separate pieces to make arms.
- Fold your 2nd pipe cleaner in half and insert it into the bottom of the head. Twist about 10 times to make the body and then separate to make 2 legs.
This was such a fun, simple, and memorable four friends helped craft for students to make!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Lesson from Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft
- Daniel and the Lions Den Craft
- Shadrach meshach and abednego craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft
- Old Testament good and bad kings of the bible
- Joseph Coat of Many Color Craft
- Moses and the Red Sea Craft
- Jesus Ascension Craft
- Four Friends Bible Story
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
Miracles of Jesus Crafts
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share, please share a link to this page for others to grab their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> 4 Friends Helped Craft <<
Hi….great lesson, but the Bible reference is Mark 2:1-5. ?
I love this Sunday School lesson and would be very interested in finding out more about your church’s “Teaching the Bible in a 4 year cycle”. Can you provide me with more info? Thank you!
Literally just found it! Sorry! And, thanks again!!
Ahh… I literally found it after my question sent. So sorry. Thanks!