Who doesn’t love a DIY felt board? You’re looking for kids’ art activities that include a theme such as Easter or spring, but you don’t want a one-time craft that your kiddo will create and then forget about. Oh yeah, and you want something that also incorporates a few content areas. Well,
here you go!
Felt Board Flower Craft
This kids’ activity starts out with spring. It’s the current season. So, we’re going to begin there. But, that doesn’t mean you have to ditch the felt board completely when the crafting is done. Just pack it up and reuse it whenever your child wants.
tell the story with her words and the image).
What will your child learn/how can she develop from this art activity?
- Fine motor skills – dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Science – the spring season
- Math – counting, addition, subtraction, shapes
- Art – color recognition and your child will explore the creative process
- Craft felt – we used 8×10-inch sheets, but you could use larger sizes that you cut down
- Clear-drying school glue and/or masking tape
- Cardboard – reuse the front of an old cereal or cracker box
Cut a cardboard rectangle that is 8×10-inches or smaller. If you’re using 8×10 craft felt sheets, you’ll need to size the cardboard so that it’s shorter and thinner than the felt.
Press the felt shapes onto the felt board to create flowers.
Flower Activity Play
As your child creates her felt board flowers, add in some math. Have her count the petals or ask her to use a set number of petals. For example, ask your child to use 10 oval flower petals. She can also add or subtract the number of petals or the number of flowers.
Reuse the felt board later on, creating new shapes. Your child can build any type of picture that she wants. You can also cut out felt letters and numbers, using the board to spell or to create equations.
Flower Crafts for Kids
- Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Bead Flower Craft for Kids
- Spring Flower Hand Art Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft
- Flower Basket Craft
- Painting Flowers with Celery
- Poppy Flower Craft
- Chromatography Spring Flower Craft
- 3D Paper Flower Craft
- Soap Flower Craft