‘Tis the season for merry games! If you are working on Christmas counting with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten age student this holiday season, you will love this fun Christmas tree printable math activity. Simply download the pdf file with the Christmas math printables Christmas Tree Counting Game will be perfect! It’s a great way to learn while celebrating the best time of the year.
Playing the Christmas Tree Counting Game is so simple, but makes for a great Christmas math game for toddlers, preschoolers or kindergarteners. This family friendly activity is a wonderful way to bring all your little learners together or to sneak in some Christmas counting while having fun decorating this printable christmas tree with pom pom or playdough ornaments.
Christmas tree printable
Christmas printables for preschoolers
To play the game, start by downloading the printables below. There are two Christmas trees for two players, but you can easily print out more to have more players! Besides the printable, all you’ll need are some colorful pom poms and dice.
Hand out 10 pom poms to each player. The object of the game is to put all 10 pom poms, or “ornaments”, onto the christmas tree. Whoever finishes decorating their Christmas tree first is the winner!
For each turn, roll the dice and have your preschooler or kindergartener count what number the dice landed on. If they roll a 1, 2, or 3, they can add that number of pom poms to their tree. If they roll a 4 or higher, they have to remove one pom pom from the tree.
Easy Counting Lesson for Preschool, Kindergarten, or First Grade
Something great about this game is how easy it is to adapt to different learning levels. If you want to work on counting higher than 10 for a kindergarten or first grade lesson, just add more pom poms. If the number of pom poms don’t fit on your tree, then use sequins, beads, little playdough balls, and so on!
Another trick to consider for this game is adding a piece of magnetic tape to the back of the pom poms. If you tape the Christmas trees to something metal, such as a baking sheet, then your kids can stick their ornaments on there with more ease. It’s also helpful to keep pom poms from flying all over!
This Christmas Tree Counting Game will keep your kids engaged and excited to practice their counting, even during the holidays!
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for KidsLooking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas WorksheetsLooking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
Printable Christmas tree
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!