With the festive season coming up, it is a good idea to include manipulatives that fit the theme. It just adds a bit of excitement to an ordinary lesson with Christmas Math. These tiny gifts were once ornaments on a string, now repurposed as manipulatives for Christmas Counting Activity with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. This is such a fun, hands-on way to work on Christmas counting to 100.
For this fun, hands on math game you can practice a variety of Christmas math activities such as Christmas counting to 20, Christmas addition, greater than less than, and Christmas counting to 100. This is such a fun way to sneak in some Christmas learning during the holiday season in December. These educational and playful ideas are prefect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Christmas Activities for Preschoolers
You will need gift manipulatives that you can make using small pieces of packaging foam and wrap it with shiny gift wrap or buy miniature gift boxes here.
Roll a die/dice and find the corresponding number of gifts by counting it out.
Christmas Activities for Kindergartners
Roll a dice to get a number. Write the number down and count out the gifts accordingly. Get a second number by rolling the dice again. Count it out again. Now count it all up to get the answer to your sum. This can be done with adding and subtracting sums.
Roll two numbers. Count each out and place opposite each other. Decide which side is more and which side is less.
Christmas counting to 100
Practice skip counting, grouping etc. with the gift manipulatives too!
You can make up math word problems like 3 elves delivered 2 gifts each. How many gifts did the elves deliver all together?
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets