There are more than 135 Best Disney World Restaurants! You don’t have time to check them all out; you want to spend your time and money only at the best restaurants. After trying dozens and dozens of restaurants over many, many trips, I’ve narrowed it down to these. Here are the best Disney World restaurants!
Plus, remember you will need to make your dining reservations at Disney World 180 days out. I know it sounds ridiculously early, but the good locations do fill up that far out even in low season.
Don’t miss our other tips and tricks as you are Disney World Planning
Disney World Restaurants
If you are looking for a quiet escape from the park during the day, you are going to love the fun atmosphere and mouth watering food served at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge.
Just take a quick boat outside of the Magic Kingdom to get to this restaurant. Remember to allow time for transportation and to wander around this stunning lodge. My favorite part is the pool that overflows under the resort – it’s very cool!
The restaurant has a nice relaxed old timey feel.You’ll be served your drinks in ball canning jars and kids will get a chance to take a ride on wooden horses around the restaurant once during your meal.
Hint: Ask your waiter for ketchup and enjoy the show!
The food is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
We love to dine at this picturesque Italian restaurant tucked in the back of Hollywood Studios as part of the Fantastmic Dinner Package so that we not only get great food, but great reserved seats for one of the best shows at Disney World.
The low lit restaurant is great for a family meal or romantic dinner for couples. Plus the staff here is top notch!
You’ll enjoy the traditional food complete with a Mickey arranged Spaghetti & Meatballs on the kids menu.
This restaurant in the Germany Pavilion in Epcot is a hidden gem. You’d never guess how amazing the restaurant looks on the inside from the exterior. From the traditional Bavarian costumes the cast members wear to the quant neighborhood setting you’ll eat in, you’ll feel like you are in the black hills in Germany.
As an added bonus there is a fantastic show with traditional music throughout. (Make sure to ask when you book if you are eating during a show)
As if the atmosphere wasn’t enough, you will enjoy all-you-can-eat German food including salads like Bavarian Sausage Salad, breads like the amazing Pretzel Bread, Sauerbraten, Potato Dumplings, Cheese Spatzle, Pork Schnitzel, Bavarian Cheesecake, Black Forest Chocolate Cake, Apple Strudel, and more.
50s Prime Time Cafe
Step right in to to a traditional 1950s kitchen for a scrumptious homemade meal that is sure to impress! This restaurant is one of our favorite places to eat in Hollywood Studios – right by Echo Lake.
This place is charming with character up to wazoo! You will feel like you are in your Grandma’s kitchen with a TV playing black and white shorts from “back in the day”. Your waiter will introduce herself as your cousin and will encourage you to eat your vegetables, keep your elbows off the table, and kids not to fight. It’s such a fun place to eat.
Sci Fi Diner
We held of eating here worried if the Sci fi movies would be too much for our young kids. After eating here once I wish we’d come here our first trip to Disney World.
First of all, the theming is outrageously FUN! You will enter a room filled with cars at the drive in. You will be seated in rows in your car to eat. Kids will be entertained with hilarious “old school” sci fi shorts. (This isn’t a great place to chat though)
The food is really good too. The burgers and steaks are great! (The steak we get here is our favorite at Disney World) Don’t miss the apple donut sundae for dessert – it may sound weird, but it is DELICIOUS!
If you have the time to pop over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge you are in for a treat. Not only will you get a chance to explore the gorgeous resort (including free roaming giraffes, zebras, and other animals on property), but you will get to try some exquisite food in this African Buffet.
As I mentioned before, it it a little out of the way and you’ll need to allow 3+ hours total to get here, eat, and get back. But the food and atmosphere is amazing. Take time to wander around and look at the wood carvings, sit in a rocking chair and stare out the windows, and observe the animals roaming. We like to come here on a free day or after visiting the Animal Kingdom as that park typically closes at 5pm and we have a free evening anyway.
The salad and soup selection is impressive; don’t miss the peanut soup! Plus the carved meats here are especially flavorful and moist. Dessert includes a variety of delicious treats; don’t miss guest favorite Zebra Domes.
We ate at this restaurant to “try something new” and were super impressed!
This Epcot restaurant is beautiful on the outside and inside. The tables are very close together, but the atmosphere and food is worth it. Everyone in our dining party from kids to picky grandparents were impressed by the amazing food. Grandma who dreaded coming here still talks about how it was the best chicken she’s ever had!
Make sure to catch the acrobatic show out front before or after your meal – they are impressive. Plus, if you time it right you can just stroll out of the restaurant in time to watch Illuminations from a usually uncrowded spot by the lake.
San Angel Inn
The food was good, think modern Mexican food. So if you are looking for chips, burrito, and churros or flan you may be dissapointed. But, if you are looking for yummy chips, a fantastic steak, and some modern desserts you will be delighted.Our service has been every bad here on several occassions, but the food and atmosphere keep bringing us back. It is my son’s favorite (non character) place to eat.
If you are looking for a chance to dine outside of the park, you will get your fill here.
Disney World Character Dining
I would be remiss if I didn’t point you to these Top 5 Disney World Character Dining. They not only include amazing character interactions, but each of them include amazing food served in picturesque settings like only Disney can!
Like I mentioned above, there are 135 restaurants at Disney World. Each has their unique flair and good food. But if you want the best-of-the-best, stick with the best Disney World Restaurants I mentioned above or the Top 5 Disney World Character Dining , but if you are looking for a quick opinion on other restaurants, here you go:
- Plaza Restaurant – basically non-inspired sandwiches, good ice cream sundaes for dessert (seemed like a poor use of dining credit)
- Chefs de France – good if you go with the traditional menu; S-L-O-W service
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – good food, 2nd best way to meet Princesses, great atmosphere, but WAY over priced
- 1900 Park Fare – only so-so buffet, in Grand Floridian, great chance to meat 5+ characters from Cinderella
- Spirit of Aloha Show – good food, 2nd half of show was great, easy to get to, unique experience (see full review)
- Hoop-de-do-Revue – fun old timy show, good food, fun experience (see full review)
- Hollywood and Vine – okay buffet, good service, nothing that special (unless you want to see Disney Junior characters for breakfast with your preschooler)
- Kona Cafe – interesting & varied Hawaiin inspired menu, decor is kind of bland, but it is easy to get to from Magic Kingdom – it is in the Polynesian accessible via the monorail. Would definetly go here again.
- Liberty Tree Tavern – good Thanksgiving style food, cute colonial atmosphere
- Restaurante Marakesh – great atmosphere, belly dancing entertainment, okay food
- Tony’s Town Square Restaurant – food was fine; food and atmosphere not that special
- Trails’ End Restaurant – atmosphere and service not that great; food was fine, but the buffet seemed small compared to every other one at Disney World.
- 8 Best Snacks at the Magic Kingdom
- 10 Best Quick Service Restaurants plus tips on the others
Disney World Planning
- How to Plan a trip to Disney World in 6 Simple Steps
- How Much Does Disney World Cost
- How Long to Stay at Disney World
- The BEST age to take kids to Disney World
- The BEST time of Year to got to Disney World
Disney World Hotels
- 8 Reasons to Stay at Disney World Hotel
- Disney Moderate Hotel: Which One is Best?
- Disney World Hotels for Families of 5+
- Art of Animation Hotel Review