Are you working on learning the books of the Bible? This really fun, hands-on books of the bible activity is a great way to enagage kids a they learn books of the Bible while improving balancing skills too with 66 books of the Bible. This book of the Bible game is fun for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders at home, at Sunday School, summer Bible camp, and more!
Books of the Bible Activities
66 books of the bible
How to Prepare the 66 Books on Tee Activity
You need a piece of wood about 24” wide by 24” tall and at least 1” deep. Now spray paint it on the front any color you like. (I used some silver paint we had on hand.)
I put the golf tees upside down to space them out evenly and then made a dot where each hole should go.
I made a number 6 for the Old Testament books and a number 6 for the New Testament books. This separates Old & New while still helping kids visually see that their are 66 books in the Bible.
Learn Books of the Bible
Using a drill, make a hole hole at each mark. Test that the hole is large enough for your tees.
Using a sharpie make a line with arrows to show kids where to start putting the Old Testament & New Testament balls.
I used fun duct tape to cover the edges. Not only did it give it a more polished feel, but will protect kids hands from getting splinters.
Finally, print off small labels to stick on balls or write the names neatly by hand. You can use ping pong balls, but if you can find slightly heavier balls it will make the activity easier for the kids. [Note: We found cheap eye balls at the dollar store that we just put the label on top of – they work great!]
Books of the Bible Game
The idea is real simple – place the books of the Bible balls on the tees in order from Genesis through Malachi and Matthew to Revelations.
Note: This activity may frustrate some less coordinated children. It is mean to be fun. If your student is getting too frustrated, try one of our other Books of the Bible Activities instead!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons