This week in our Sunday School Lesson we talked about the calling of the 12 disciples for kids. This Sunday School Lesson on the apostles includes a cute 12 disciples craft for preschoolers, Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids. Simply print the 12 disciples printables and you are ready to learn this Bible story with kids.
12 Disciples sunday school lesson
This 12 disciples sunday school lesson came from the Gospel of Matthew 4:18-22 and Matthew 9:9-13 where we talked about the 12 Disciples. We started our Sunday School hour like we always do, with fun 12 disciples activities to get kids engaged and help make them remember what we were talking about. We did a cute 12 disciples craft using our free twelve disciples printables – the kids loved this 12 disciples Bible craft. We also played a fun 12 disciples memory game to help kids remember the twelve – Simon Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, THomas, Matthew, James the son of Alpheus, Thadeus, Simon, Judas, and Bartholomew. But I just love the jesus disciples craft that they can take home to tell their parents all about what we learned!
12 Disciples Printables
12 Disciples Activities
For the first 20 minutes of class we have several stations with activities to reinforce the lesson / point of today’s Sunday School Lessons. We wanted the kids to not only remember the names of the 12 disciples, but that Jesus called them to become fishers of men.
The kids played this free printable 12 Disciples Memory Game to learn who the 12 Disciples were.
Bible Fishing Game
We also had a game where the kids tried to put a ping pong ball with each of the 12 disciples names in the egg carton. There are lots of adaptations to this simple, but effective activity
- put magnetic stickers on ping pong balls and use a magnetic fishing pole to fish for the names
- make it a relay where kids run from one end to the other to get a new name to bring back to the cartoon
- one person activity where you sort through all the names to find the correct ones to fill you cartoon
- when you find a name you need from the blue bowl you need to throw the ball to get it to land in the cartoon.
Jesus calls his disciples craft
We spread out a blue blanket as the water. In the middle we put a fishing net we happened to have and then put cut out paper fish all throughout the water.
Kid will use a straw to suck up the fish and move them to the net.
HINT: Make sure the fish are no longer than 4-5” of they get too difficult to move with suction power.
12 disciples activities for youth
This was the kids favorite activity today! We slit a pool noodle down one side and used it to cover a hula-hoop. We then used masking or duct tape to attach the ends. This made our fishing net soft enough to toss at kids!
Kids lined up behind a line we made on the floor using masking tape. More children (or leaders) stood on X’s that were about 5 feet away. The child in the front of the line tried to toss the net to catch another child becoming a “fisher of men”
12 Disciples Craft for Preschoolers
Our craft today reminds us that Jesus called the 12 apostles and told them they would become fishers of men.
You will need the following per person:
- dowel rod
- paper clip
- 12-15+ piece of yarn or string
- 3 fish (see download below)
12 disciples bible crafts
This is such a cute, simple craft for a 12 Disciples or Fishers of Men Sunday School Lessons. This craft for kids in Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade.
HINT: If you are doing this with kids under 2nd grade, I highly recommend cutting out the fish ahead of time.
12 disciples craft
Simple tie the yarn to the pole and to the paper clip. Now use a hole punch through all 3 fish and put on the paper clip hook.
I highly suggest singing a version of the 12 Disciples Song to learn and review their names!
Other Ideas for 12 Disciples Lesson
- Egg Cartoon 12 Disciplines Song (free printable)
- Jesus Calls Apostles for Preschool (snack, fishing activity, and egg cartoon craft)
- Mesh Fisher Men Craft (great for families)
- Fish Sewing – Sew two paper fish together through hole punches with yarn
- Musical Fish – Pass a cut out fish around the circle. When the music stops the one holding the fish is caught and should go in the “net”. Continue until there is only one fish left.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft & Lesson
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
Jesus Disciples Craft
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share, please direct others to this page to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission from Bellflower Blue Studios
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply