If your kids are visual learners, they will love this hands on math activity teaching about fractions with Lego.
Teaching Fractions with Lego
I’m a visual learner. I learn best when I can see things.
Even as a kid I did better if I could see the math problem or map. Show me a map and I can get you anywhere. Give me step by step directions somewhere and I can only get you there that one time.
Visualizing Math Concepts with Lego
I think helping kids visualize concepts helps the math concept make sense and just “click” with kids.
Here is a wonderful way to help kids really understand fractions using the visual aid of Lego! (I mean what kid wouldn’t want to learn with Lego!)
Get all the tips and instructions for Teaching Fractions with Lego from And Next Comes L
Looking for more free lego printables for kids of all ages? Try these resources
- ⭐ READER FAVORTE – Lego Letters Alphabet Mats to build and trace letters from A-Z
- Trace Lego Numbers using bricks with these free printable duplo mats
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Under the Sea Lego Writing Prompts
- Lego Multiplication Flash cards printable
- Tons of Lego themed printable spelling test for kids
- Learn the books of the Bible with this hands-on Lego Bible activity for kids
- Back to School Lego Challenge Ideas
- Free Printable Halloween Lego Challenge
- Lego Alphabet Cards
- Lego All About Me Worksheets
- Free Lego Printables Activities for Kids Poster
- Use these Free Printable Lego Challenge Cards to learn about famous landmarks from around the world as they use their creativity to recreate these famous buildings from the Taj Mahal to the Eiffel Tower and 24 more.
- EASY Lego Balloon Car project for kids
- Journaling with Lego is a fun Lego writing prompts
- Squishy Circuits Lego Science Expeirments
- Kids will love making their own maze activity. If you use duplo blocks use a ping pong ball, if you use lego bricks use a marble.
- Hands-on Lego Spelling Game
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego Activities
- This simple-to-make Lego Zipline is great for teaching kids a variety of skills and having an EPIC afternoon.
- Lego Water Wheel Project
Looking for more fun fraction games for kids? You will love these free printable fraction printables for kids of all ages.
- Converting Fractions to Decimals Worksheet
- No-Prep, Free Printable Fraction Games
- Super cute Pizza Fraction Games
- Fractions Decimals and Percents Worksheets
- Hands on Easter Fractions Activity
- Apple Fractions Game
- Printable Fraction Games
- Connect 4 Fractions Game
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Back to School Fraction Activity
- Free Printable, Colorful Fraction Bingo
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- Fraction Flower Puzzle & Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene Fraction Activity
- Pirate Reducing Fractions Game for Kids
- Free Printable Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- 30+ FUN and FREE Fraction Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting