Wow! That’s easier. In our age of complicated machinery, it’s easy to forget that even the most complicated mechanics are just a large set of simple machines. We use complicated machines for parts of our lives, and too often stupidly grunt through tasks when a little bit of ingenuity would make the task much easier.
Pulleys can be used to make various types of elevators, or in converting fly wheels to useful energy as in an old fashioned mill.
Why pulley’s work
- Large box or sheet of cardboard.
- Cans of two different sizes from the recycle bin
- Yarn or rope
- A bottle of water
- Small bucket
- Weights. I used our Picasso Tiles, but any object would work. Rocks or Silver wear could be good solutions as well.
- Hot glue
Setting up the Pulley
Experiment with your pulley
Take your pulley to the next level
Simple Machines for Kids
- Inclined Plane Simple Machine – explanation, activities, and resources
- Wheel and Axle for kids lesson with projects and other fun ideas
- Gears Simple Machines for Kids filled with lots of hands on activities
- Wedges and Screws Simple Machines Lesson for children
- Levers and Pulleys lesson for students
- Free Simple Machine Worksheets
- I Spy simple machines for kids
- MATCH – Simple Machines Game
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Projects
- Free Simple Machines Booklet
- Candy Simple Machines Project
- Pulley Experiment from recycled materials
Fun Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!