Kids will have fun learning about our solar system with these FREE Solar System Worksheets for kids. You’ll find solar system vocabulary, planets, moon phases, and so much more! These worksheets are great for Kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6.
Our solar system is a fascinating things for kids of all ages to study. Not only can they easily see the sun, they live on planet Earth, and they see bright stars in the evening sky. But there is so much more to it – vast expanse of space filled with planet no man has ever walked on, mysteries like what is inside the earth, and so much more. It is no wonder even adults are fascinated with space travel, space exploration and science fiction shows like Star Trek and Star Wars. Our universe is truly an amazing and wonderful place.
Help pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students learn about astronomy for kids with these free printable, solar system worksheets.
Looking for more free worksheets for kids Prek-8th grade? We have over 1 million pages conveniently arranged by subject and by grade.
Solar System Worksheets
I created these solar system worksheets as part of our Solar System unit. Studying the solar system is a lot of fun for kids from Preschool and Kindergarten through 1st-6th grade. Kids have a natural interest in the stars, sun, planets, and more and this science unit is a great way to draw on kids natural curiosity and interest for a teachable moment.
They are a great way to help reinforce what kids are reading / learning as well to ensure they are remembering what they are studying as well. You will love that they include a huge variety of resources to learn astronomy for kids vocabulary, moon face, moon phases, planets worksheet, planet order, and so much more!
Included in these free solar system printables is what our family (Preschool, 2nd grade, and 4th grade) used to study the solar system. There are 25 pages with a variety of levels to accommodate kids from Preschool – 8th grade. This is such a fun science unit to do together as a family!
In the free printable free solar system worksheets you’ll find the following different solar system worksheet:
- Solar system vocabulary (29 color cars)
- Solar system vocabulary quiz
- Label the Planets
- Planet Order (with mnemonic device)
- Sun Review Questions (and answers)
- Moon Review Questions (and answers)
- Inner Planets Review Questions (and answers)
- Outer Planets Review Questions (and answers)
- Label the Moon Phases
- Moon Observations
- Mercury Facts
- Venus Facts
- Mars Facts
- Jupiter Facts
- Saturn Facts
- Uranus Facts
- Neptune Facts
Solar System Activities
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system unit. You will love these ideas and resources:
- The Sun for Kids
- Moon for Kids & Astronauts Too
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars)
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars
Don’t miss all the hands on science activities, constellations mini book, moon phases mini book, planets mini book, and so much more in our Solar System for Kids unit.
Science FUN For Kids
- Science can be yummy! Try these 19 Edible Science Projects for kids of all ages including edible Animal Cells K-6th
- FREE Animal Report Forms are great for learning about animals before or after a fieldtrip to the zoo. K-8th
- Amaze kids as you show them How to Grow Crystals K-6th
- Cute, free printable to help students learn about the Flower Life Cycle Lift the Flap Preschool-3rd Grade
- Frog Life Cycle Printables for kids K-6th
- Kids will enjoy learning How to Make a Lava Lamp – K-6th
- Leaf Scavenger Hunt (educational) K-6th
- Simple Machines Mini Book for teacking kids plus lots of fun, hands on ideas!
- Get ready for science that leaves a big impression with this Exploding Watermelon Science for learning about kinetic and potential energy
- This is an egg-cellent science experiment for kids to learn about air pressure
- So many creative Simple Machine Projects to help kids learn with hands on activites!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Solar System Books for Kids
Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Crafts & Activities for Kids collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
Download FREE Solar System Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!