Here is a simple, easy to make rainbow kids activity your kids will love making. It is a wonderful spring craft for kids of all ages.
Simple Windsock Spring Craft for Kids
The first “official” day of spring is at the end of the week. But in our neck of the wood it feels like spring – YEAH!
Here is a simple, fun spring craft for kids that will brighten your home.
This craft is best suited to Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
Bingo Marker Spring Craft for Kids
My kids love using bingo markers. So we are always looking for ways to incorporate them into crafts and learning activities. Today’s Simple Simple Spring Windsock Craft is a great one to incorporate them!
To start with let your kids decorate a regular sheet of cardstock with bingo markers – however they want to.
Older kids may make a picture or pattern where Toddler and Preschool kids will just fill it with color!
Once it has dried, pull the short ends together and tape to make a cylinder.
Using a hole punch make two holes on opposite sides of the cylinder.
Now weave a pipe cleaner into each hole to make a handle to hang the rainbow windsock craft. You now have lanterns.
Now using crepe paper (we have leftover rolls from birthday parties laying around) tape one end on the inside of the lantern. Leave about 15” of a tail and cut.
Repeat until you have various colors going all around the inside of the lantern. Now you have a rainbow windsock.
The kids were so proud of their rainbow windsocks. They were super simple for all my kiddos to make and are such a cheery addition to our dining room to hold us over until spring hits!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners