Kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with this fun, hands on preschool math activity for November or October. Pumpkin Pie number sense activities for preschoolers is a free printable math puzzle to help kids work on understanding number sense. Use this activity with toddler, pre k, and kindergarten students.
Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these printable number sense puzzles to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens learn numbers 1-10, how to count 10 pumpkins, and how each number can be represented by different images and groupings. This is such a cute math game for preschoolers for a fall theme or a Thanksgiving themed activity.
What is Number Sense
Number sense refers the a child’s understanding of what a number means. It means they can see different ways numbers are made (tally marks, dots, counting, equations) and understand how they fit in the world around them and make comparisons.
Number Sense Games
Number Sense Activities for Kindergarten
Now cut the pies out. Then cut each pumpkin pie into four slices by cutting along the solid orange lines. Store them in a ziplock bag or file folder to have a fun math supplement, extra practice, or math center ready to go when you need. it.
Students will pick a number slice and then find other slices that represent the same number. Each pie consists of the numeral number, pumpkins to count, a dot representation of numbers (looks like a domino), and a tall mark representation of the number.
For example, there are 5 tally marks on the slice above which means the same as a number 5.
HINT: This activity is easier if you only give your students two pies to put together at a time. Make it more difficult by giving them up to 10 pumpkin pies to complete at one time.
Preschool Number Sense
Preschoolers will improve number sense by counting pumpkins while putting together the pumpkin pies activity
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Download Slicing Up Number Sense
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!