Kids are going to love this fun kids activities where they are actually encouraged to play with their food before they eat it! This Milk Toast Rainbows is a great activity for Saint Patricks Day, spring, weather unit, or a color unit for Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, or 5th grade kids.
Rainbow are such fun! Whether it is finding an illusive, beautiful rainbow peaking through after a rainstorm, or painting a beautiful rainbow as an art project – they seem to make people happy and smile.
Especially in the spring, we think of rainbows in nature, rainbow themes, and rainbow activities for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade children. This fun and simple milk toast activity allows you to make a beautiful, and delicious, snack while having fun making a rainbow.
This is such a bright colorful activity kids love! Not only is it a great activity for spring, but it makes a yummy snack too! This activity is great for kids from Toddler, Preschool, Prek, Kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2students. Use it in your classroom, in a homeschool coop, or as a parent with your kids as a fun preschool activity any day.
Rainbow Milk Toast
All you need for this activity is bread (any kind will do – white bread, wheat bread, nut bread, fresh bread, sourdough bread – you pick your kids favorite bread), some small dishes filled with sweetened condensed milk, and food coloring. (If you are staying away from artificial dyes, I found you can buy natural food coloring using natural ingredients derived by fruits and vegetables)
Start by mixing sweetened condensed milk and food coloring in little bowls. Using a clean paint brush or pastry brush kids paint their bread to make rainbows or pictures. Next, blot the bread with a paper towel to remove any excess “paint” so you don’t make a mess in your toaster.
Now pop your painted bread in the toaster. This step is optional, you can just have milk bread if you like, but we enjoyed ours toasted. It was super yummy, pretty, and such a fun rainbow activity for the whole family. It is so easy and quick! It took like 5 minutes!
Note: We did not have any paint get in our toaster; I think blotting the bread with a paper towel is the success. When it comes out it may be slightly moist in some areas, that’s okay. So yummy!
It was as yummy as it was pretty!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners