This is a really fun, hands on Sunday school lessons that is a Jesus and Nicodemus Lesson that talks about measuring God’s love using the text John 3:16. This is a wonderful lesson for the month of February and Valentines Day.
Sunday School Lessons
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt (Luke 2)
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus
- Jesus in the Temple as a Boy
- Jesus’ Baptism
- 12 Disciples Memory Game
- Jesus Drives out Evil Spirits into pigs
- Rejected in Nazareth: Wordless Book Cross Craft
- Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
- Healing the Officials Son from Capernaum
- Wordless Book Lesson
- Easter BINGO
- Jesus Ascends Crafts for Kids (K-4th)
Jesus and Nicodemus Lesson
This weeks Jesus and Nicodemus Lesson covered John 3:1-21 and measuring God’s love and we did lots of hands on kids activities and crafts themed around Measuring God’s Love and John 3:16. This lesson is perfect for 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, or 5th grade kids especially in February around Valentines Day.
Measuring God’s Love Activities
We started about by giving each of the kids a ruler, a pen, and this card (printable included below). On it were several things for them to measure. We explained that these were ways for the kids to measure distance, time, height etc. in preparation for our lesson today when we were going to measure God’s love for us.
We had several stations with stop watches to measure time, tape measures to measure height, measuring cups to measure rice, and more.
At the end the kids looked up Ephesians 3:18 which tells us: “…grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ”
When we came back together as a group, we talked about how we can measure things, but can’t measure God’s love; it is infinite! And it will NEVER run out!
John 3:16 Craft for Kids
This is such a cute, simple craft for kids! Just print the John 3:16 Valentine Heart below on cardstock. Then, the kids will use a hole punch to make holes around the heart. Next they will color in the hearts in the center that spell “valentine”. Finally, they will use about 2 feet of red yarn to sew the heart. around the outside.
The kids really enjoyed this craft and it was perfect to make right around Valentines Day. We encouraged the kids to think if there was someone they knew they could give the heart to, to share God’ love with others!
Jesus and Nicodemus Lesson
- Read the story from the Bible
- Cut out strips of paper and label each with a verse from the story and have kids help read the story
- Act out the story (for the kids or using the kids as props)
- tell the story with puppets
- show kids a video of the story cartoon version or live actors version
- Jesus & Nicodemus coloring page and simple printable story to read
Download Jesus and Nicodemus Craft
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You are welcome to use this at home, at church, homeschool coops, etc.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!