Kids will have fun learning about the life cycle of a frog with this free printable notebook filled with interesting information, life cycle chart, vocabulary, and a space for recording their observations as they watch tadpoles become frogs in this homeschool science experiment. Simply download pdf file with life cycle of a frog worksheet and you are ready to play and learn this spring and summer!
Frog life cycle for kids
Learn about animal life cycles is lots of fun and fascinating too! Not all are born as miniature versions of themselves like mammals are. As we began looking into the frog life cycle for kids we learned how this amphibian went through a complete metamorphisis as it changes from tadpole swimimng through gills as they swim a pond to froglet and then adult frog who breaths air. The frog cycle for kids is FASCINATING! Then, to experience the amazing life cycle of a frog for kids first hand, we use a frog habitat kit to watch the transformation ourselves. Preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students made observations about what they saw with these life cycle of a frog worksheet pages.
Whether you are a parent, techer, or homeschooler – you will love love this handy resource. Use it at home as part of spring science for kids, summer learning with summer science activity, or in the classroom as kids learn about life cycles for kids.
Life cycle of a frog worksheet
Life cycle of a frog for kids
My kids and I are definitely hands-on learners so we used a Frog Habitat to watch tadpoles change into frogs. It took a couple months, but it was fascinating to get to experience it ourselves. The kids recorded their observations using the life cycle of a frog printables included in the pack:
- 10 page observation book with spots for weekly drawings, checking what spot in their metamorphosis they are at, observations, and questions
- Frog Lifecycle Chart
- Frog Vocabulary
- Facts about Frogs
- What I learned about frogs
Since my kids were younger, we used DK Reader Tale of a Tadpole as our main teaching text. It was simple to read, had beautiful pictures, and was easy enough for my 1st grader to read and my preschool (almost kindergartner) to understand clearly. You can dive in more with one of the other wonderful resources we used above – simply click on the picture to learn more or snag a copy.
Websites for Kids on Frogs
Looking for more frog worksheets and frog games for kids? Check out these free resources for kids of all ages:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game for working on addition with pre-k, kindergarten and first graders
- Learn All About Frogs with this engaging science lesson for kids
- Frog and Toad are Friends Printables – Literature Guide with lapbook and worksheets
- Fun Math Frog Multiplication Game
- F is for Frog Literacy Pack
- Cute, Frog Alphabet Matching Game Printable
- Huge pack of Frog Math Worksheets for grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students
- Make practicing sight words FUN with this cute Frog printable sight word games
- Celebrate Save the Frogs Day on April 30th with these fun frog activities
- Learn about the amazing frog life cycle with these FREE Frog Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Or use the cute spinner in this Life Cycle of a Frog for Kids Printables
- Frog Number Games Printable
- Plus don’t miss these fun-to-read Frog Books for Preschool
- Plan a whole week of frog themed learning activities with this Frog Theme Preschool
Life Cycle Worksheets for Kids
- Butterfly Life cycle Worksheet
- Ladybug Life cycle Worksheet
- Life cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Plant Life cycle Worksheet
- Chick Worksheets (chicken life cycle)
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheet
- Life Cycle of a Turkey Worksheets
- Apple Life Cycle Printable
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
- Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet
- Life Cycle of a Penguin
- Life Cycle of a Spider Worksheet
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Spring Multiplication Math Craft
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download FREE Frog Lifecycle Notebook
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!