Spring is the time for field trips to the local zoo. In an attempt to make our homeschool field trips extra fun (and educational) I created these super cute, free printable, zoo scavenger hunt templates. He have lots of choices with these zoo scavenger hunt printable pack to accomidate kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten to elementary age students in first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Whether you use the simple animal scavenger hunt or learn about endagered animals or animal habitats in one of these zoo scavenger hunt ideas – kids will have fun learning about zoology in science. Simply download zoo scavenger hunt pdf file and you are ready to learn about animals at your local zoo.
Zoo Scavenger Hunt
I love it when spring weather comes. In our homeschool, spring means lots of fieldtrips – especially ones where we get to enjoy the beautiful outdoors! I wanted to make our regular science fieldtrip to our local zoo extra fun AND educational at the same time so I whipped up a whole bunch of different zoo scavenger hunt printables so all my kids from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade, 5, grade 6, and up could not only have fun observing animals at the zoo, but learning about animal habitats, zoology terms, and more. THese free printable zoo scavenger hunt are perfect for parents to use as summer activities for kids, teachers to use on fieldtrips, and homeschoolers to make your next trip to the zoo extra fun!
Zoo scavenger hunt printable
Animal scavenger hunt
There are over 17 different kinds of scavenger hunts to help kids all the way from Toddlers, Prek, Preschoolers, Kindergartners, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade Elementary age students have fun while learning on a zoo field trip.
Zoo scavenger hunt ideas
This is such a fun activity to do with any group while at the zoo. Whether this is your first trip to the zoo or your one hundreth, your children will be excited to see the zoo and animals with a whole new night as they hunt for information and check off items. This is such a great way to get kids excited about learning about animals. Use this for your family weekend trip to the zoo, your classroom’s fieldtrip, visit to Grandma’s zoo, homeschool coop -there are so many fun ways to use this animal activities for kids.
Scavenger Hunt at the Zoo
There are so many choices so whether you are looking for a toddler scavenger hunt, zoo scavenger hunt worksheet for older students, or whether you have a small zoo – we’ve got a zoo animal scavenger hunt that will work for you. Here are some of the hunts we have included in the printable pack:
- Easy Find 6 things with black and white clipart to help younger children. Find things such as a zookeeper, zebra, bear, snake, bird, frog, bench, hippo, monkey, giraffe, fish, butterfly
- Easy Color Search – cross off the crayon when you see something in the following colors: black, brown, gray, blue, red, yellow, pink, orange, green (search in color to help give younger children visual clues)
- Easy Counting Search – children need to find herds of animals where there are no animals on display, 1 animal on display, 2 animals, 3 animals 4 animals, 5 animals, 6 animals and 7 animals in an enclosure. (blackline)
- Easy Find 12 things with clipart to help younger children. Find things such as a zookeeper, zebra, bear, snake, bird, frog, bench, hippo, monkey, giraffe, fish, butterfly, leaf (black & white)
- Color Search – children need to find an animal of each of the colors and write on the line the name of the animal. This search should be done by Kindergarten and older who can write their letters. (in color to help with color discrimination)
- Find 16 – this colorful search has images of the following animals children must find and check off: turtle, spider, sea lion, camel, rhinocerous, bat, ostrich, brown bear, eagle, parrot, crocodile / alligator, kangaroo, gorilla, penguin, giraffe, and snake.
- Find an animal that…. for these hunts students will only need to find six things, but they will need to be able to read the list and write down the animal they found that fits the discription such as an animal with wings, fur, hibernates, hopes, lives in water, lays eggs, is heavier than you are, has spots, has feathers, lives underground, flies, doesn’t need much water, has a hump, is less than a year old, has stripes
- Population in Danger – help older students learn to care for animals as they realize that animals are in danger of extention. Students will read zoo signage to determine an animal for each of the categories: least concern, near threatened, vulnerable, endangered, critically endangered, extinct in the wild
- Biomes Hunt – help students learn about the habitats of different animals as they find zoo animals who live in the following areas: mountains, desert, grassland, ocean, arctic tundra, forest, tropical rain forest
- Biology Terms – this hunt allows kids to take science vocabulary they’ve used and put it into action as they find animals that fit the following descriptions: carnivore, omnivore, herbivore, nocturnal, aquatic, warm blooded
- Animal Classification – help students learn about the ways zoologist and scientists classify animals to study them better by finding animals for each of these categories: birds, fish, reptile, amphibian, mammal, insect
Zoo field trip worksheet
We have more than 16 different animal scavenger hunt for kids from toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6. They include a variety of fun and educational choices for parents, teachers, homeschoolers, nannies, and grandparents to make your next trip to your local zoo extra fun!
Looking for more animal printables to help kids learn about animals, their habitats, biomes, animal report forms, and more? Check out these free science worksheets and science animal games:
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Zoo Animal Reports
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- How to Hatch Butterflies with printable observation book
Free Scavenger Hunts
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Easter Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Luke 2 scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Library Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- Over 76 FREE Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Zoo scavenger hunt pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!