Make practicing counting FUN with these super cute, free Winter Count to 10 Printables for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade kids.
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Week
- Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Cup Snowman Craft
- Free Snowman Worksheets for Kids
- Fun Snowman Science Activity
- Snowman Counting Activity
- Printable Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Place Value Snowman
- Winter Count to 10 Printables
- Free Snowman Writing Prompts
- Read a Word Build a Snowman
- Glue Snowman Craft for Kids
- Snowman CVC Words
My youngest gets so excited when her siblings are completing their school work that she wants to “do school” too. At times it can be a challenge to find something meaningful for her to work on that doesn’t require a lot of extra attention from me, which is why I created this winter counting printable pack. This fun coloring pack will keep her hands busy, help her learn her numbers, practice writing number words and practice counting to 10.
Winter Count to 10 Printables
- The counting booklet and counting pages (included in the download below)
- Crayons or colored pencils
- White pom pom balls or cotton balls (optional)
Snowman Count to 10 Book
The first thing included in this download is a simple printable booklet to help kids see, count and write the numbers 1-10.
Each page shows the numeral, a picture representation with snowballs as well as the written number word for kids to trace.
To assemble the booklet, simple print all the pages and cut them in half.
Then assemble them in order including the cover page, then numbers 1-10, then the last page which invites kids to draw their own snowman and staple the booklet together.
As kids go through their booklet, I suggest they count out their own snowballs (such as pom pom balls or cotton balls) to match each page as they practice seeing, reading and writing the numbers.
They could also add their own picture to each page to represent the number if they’d like (i.e. two snowflakes or three snowmen, etc.)
Winter Counting Worksheets
Also included in this download are a set of winter count and color practice pages.
These are fairly straightforward. Kids simply count the number of winter pictures in each box and write the total. Then they can color the pictures.
Some of the boxes may seem a little ambiguous, so if your kids count something different than you anticipate, that’s ok. For example, one picture has a mug of hot chocolate. They may count the mug (1) or they may count the marshmallows (5).
If that’s the case, ask them to show you what they counted and if they completed it correctly, that’s great.
I hope your kids enjoy practicing counting, building and coloring numbers with this cute winter themed counting pack!
Looking for winter math practice for older kids? Try one of these fun math activities:
- Snow Day Math Fun
- Build a Snowman Place Value Activity
- Silly Worm Count to 10 – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with dot stickers
Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kindergarten activites with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, first grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Download Winter Count to 10 Printables
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.