FREE Weekly Themes
Take all the work out of planning an epic weekly theme with our themed resources listed by subject. So many clever, fun, engaging activities and worksheets for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary age kids.
What are weekly themes?
- Weekly themes include a variety of learning activities based on a central theme.
- Since weekly themes are hands on, fun and immersive kids engage with the learning material.
- Families love weekly themes because a wide range of ages can do them together.
- There are a variety of core coursework included in weekly themes such as math, language arts, science, history, art, and more
Why should I use weekly themes?
Weekly Themes are a favorite with kids and educators alike. Kids get to immerse themselves in a fun theme like bugs, farm, fall, ocean, winter, etc. Educators are able to “sneak in” a lot of learning in such a fun, natural way that kids are excited about learning and tend to retain more of the knowledge.
Plus, one of my favorite things about weekly themes is the whole family can learn together! Individual activities and books you read will be adapted based on skill and abilities, but the topic, crafts, science, and often history will remain the same. Making weekly themes fun, efficient learning the the whole family can enjoy together!
How are core subjects incorporated in weekly themes?
- Math – themed worksheets, games, counting mats, measurement, etc. make practicing or learning a new skill fun.
- Language Arts – themed worksheets, games, and readers make practicing sight words, building sentences, identifying parts of speech, and writing exciting.
- Science – exploring the anatomy of bugs, learning about seasons, performing a colorful science experiments, learning about types of clouds and more come alive in their real world context.
- History – instead of reading a dry textbook, kids can learn about historical events, places, and people in context with the topic (i.e. Independence Day, pilgrims, Saint Patrick)
- Art – Kids will get to explore their creativity, learn about colors and strengthening motor skills with arts and projects that will further bring alive the topic of study.
- More – Many unit studies also contain music ideas, field-trip suggestions, geography tie-ins, etc.
FREE Weekly Themes
Following is an alphabetized pictoral directory of our ever growing list of free weekly themes your whole family will enjoy together! Just click on the picture below to see more of any of our themes.