If you are working on skip counting with your homeschooler, you are going to love these fun themed skip counting posters to help Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade kids memorize these facts to prepare for multiplication.
Skip Counting Posters
- Spaghetti & Meatballs Counting by 2s
- Dart gun Counting by 3s
- Ladybugs in ajar Counting by 4s
- Fish in an Aquarium Counting by 5s
- Raindrops coming down on an Umbrella Counting by 6s
- Trains on a track Counting by 7s
- Apples in a basket Counting by 8s
- Angry Birds doing tricks, Counting by 9s
- Colorful Crayons Counting by 10s
Why Teach Skip Counting?
Learning skip counting will not only help children be able to count things faster, but will make the transition to multiplication much, much easier.
Helping kids commit skip counting to memory will help make learning to multiply so much easier.
I don’t introduce skip counting all at once, but do so little by little starting with the most common first:
- Kindergarten – 5s, 10s
- 1st grade – 2s, 3s
- 2nd grade – 4s, 6s,
- 3rd grade – 7s, 8s, 9s
If you are part Classical Conversations they will begin teaching kids to skip count from 1s-15s from Prek and Kindergarten through elementary age (1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grde, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students in Foundations). Repeating the counting squence over and over again is not only an easy skip counting activity, but great for achieving fluency you will need as a firm foundation for multiplication and division.
I created these fun, uniquely themed skip counting posters so that I can practicing skip counting FUN! I use these daily with my elementary age homeschoolers.
Skip Counting Worksheets
These free printable math worksheets and skip counting games are a great addition to your math center and math facts that kids should master. These are great for Kindergarten Math, Grade 1 Math, Grade 2 Math, Grade 3 Math, and Grade 4 Math.
- Skip Counting Worksheets 1s-15s
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot ot Dot Printables
- Fill in the blanks Free Skip Counting Worksheets (1s-15s)
- General Skip Counting Puzzles (with various themes and increasing difficulty)
- Famous Landmarks Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting By 2s and 3s Clip Cards
- Lacing Plates Skip Counting Activity
- Skip Counting Visuals for Kids
- Skip Counting Games –> Mazes
- Paths Skip Counting Worksheets (practice counting by 1s-12 with various levels of difficulty)
- Turkey Counting by 2s
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Download FREE Skip Counting Posters
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- All downloaded materials provided are copyright protected. Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!