This year I am teaching 2nd grade Sunday School at our church. I want to make our class educational, hands on, and FUN so they remember what we talk about! For this week I put together a Psalm 23 BINGO to go along with our unit on Psalms and David. So for all you other busy Sunday School teachers out there ministering to kids, here is a free printable to make this weeks lesson a little easier!
It can be hard to find fun bible crafts and activities for kids each and every week before teaching Sunday School. I usually scour the internet first to see if anyone has any great ideas before spending time coming up with something myself. But this week, I couldn’t find just what I was looking for.
David and Psalms Bible Lesson for Kids
Our church is going through the Generations of Grace Sunday School curriculum. This week we are tackling Psalms, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes. (A lot to tackle!) We have a group activity for kids as they come in, singing praise songs, Bible teaching time (lead by my hubby), Sword Drills (we teach 2nd grade and they need to be actively using their Bible), small group time, and a weekly craft.
If you are looking for some craft suggestions for a unit on David or Psalms
Preschool – Kindergarten
I recommend a sheep craft using cotton balls stuck on as wool . Write Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” on the back).
1st – 3rd Grade
We are making a gumball craft based on Psalm 119:103 similar to this free Gumball Machine Cut Out Craft. Our kids are writing things that are sweet to them (chocolate, twix, cookies, ice cream, etc.) on their gumballs and pasting them in their gumball machine. Then every time they think about their favorite sweets they can be reminded that God’s word is sweeter than even their favorite treats.
FREE Psalm 23 Bible Bingo
Our opening Bible game this week will be this Psalm 23 Bingo I put together. There are pictures and words based on Psalm 23. This Bible game will help kids be able to visualize the different elements of Psalm 23. The printable is in color, but can be printed in black and white to save on costs. You can give out stickers, smartie candy, or a high five as a prize. The Psalm 23 Bible Bingo includes:
- 17 unique boards – this way most children can have their own board (Our class usually averages 45 students so once they are all there, some will have duplicate boards, but that’s okay.)
- Calling Pictures – cut them out and put them in a hat or bag
- Sheep Marker Squares – Cut out and have children place over spaces that have been called
This activity is great for homeschool Bible, family devotions, or a Sunday School lesson for Preschool – 3rd Grade.
Download Psalm 23 Bingo
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!