If you are looking for a fun way to help your kids practice parts of speech like nouns, verbs, pronouns, adverbs, and adjectives you’ll love this free printable Parts of Speech BINGO.
Learning the parts of speech is important because they show us how the words relate to each other. For example, words such as “run,” “Ali” and “book” … you see, the role of the word in a sentence (which part of speech it is) actually helps to understand the sentence.
Teaching parts of speech typically takes place in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade. It is reviewed with older students and used as they learn to label and diagram sentences.
This grammar game is a fun way for students to practice quickly identifying parts of speech in english while having fun!
Parts of Speech BINGO
This English Game is a fun, easy-to-play, educational game for grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 to practice eight parts of speech.
Students will have fun practice identifying nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, and adverbs while having fun with this educational game.
Parts of Speech Game
- 10 Game Boards
- Parts of Speech Calling Cards (and cut them apart)
I suggest printing on cardstock for durability, or laminating, and printing in color. There is just a splash of color to save on printing costs while still making it fun. But, if you prefer you can change your printer setting to black and white.
Parts of Speech Bingo Game
The part of speech bingo is intended for up to 11 players (including a caller).
The format is simple, give each child a BINOG card and pieces to mark parts of speach called – such as coins, erasers, lego pieces, small manipulatives, dry erase markers if you laminated the pages, or bingo markers (if it is not reusable). This parts of speech printable games is great for review or fun reinforcement.
Parts of Speech Games Printable
The caller will pull one of the cards from a hat then each of the students will put a marker on the correct part of speech. The caller will then state the part of speech and if the students got it wrong they must pull of the marker. Continue playing until someone has BINGO (5-in-a-row).
Their are 8 parts of speech, we’ve included the most common 5 in the game:
- NOUN – person, place, thing, or idea (ex: ball, desk, boy, Colorado)
- PRONOUN – word that replaces a noun in a sentence (ex: he, she, it)
- VERB – describes or indicates an action (ex: run, jump, stand, read)
- ADJECTIVE – describes a noun such as what something looks like and what it feels like to touch, taste, or smell (ex: red, soft, big, old)
- ADVERB – describes an action (verb) with more descriptive words (ex: quickly, carefully)
- PREPOSITION – word that shows the relation between a noun or pronoun to other words in a sentence (ex: in, under, behind, by) – not included
- CONJUNCTION – a word used to connect clauses or sentences or to coordinate words in the same clause (ex: and, but, if) – not included
- INTERJECTION – demonstrates the emotion or feeling of the author; usually at the beginning of the sentence (ex: Oh! Wow! Ouch!) – not included
More FREE Grammar Activities we love:
- 22 Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Solve It: Parts of Speech Game
- Marshmallow Incident Noun Verb Activity
- Water Gun Parts of Speech
- Scarecrow Pronoun Game
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Free Taboo Grammar Game
- Going on a Noun Hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Practice
- Parts of Speech Valentine Mail Sorting
- Common and Proper Noun Sorting
Free Educational Printables
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice (works with any spelling word list)
- Book Report Form
- Mad Minute! 2nd Grade Math Worksheets
- Scramble – Books of the Bible Game
- 4 Week Colonial America for Kids Unit
- Frozen Worksheets – practice math, literacy and more for ages 3-7
- Habitat Adventures Science Game (K-6th Grade)
- 100 Amazing Food Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Parts of Speech Books for Kids
These super fun-to-read and clever picture books help kids learn parts of speech
Parts of Speech Bingo PDF
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!