Kids will have fun practicing counting money with these fun Coin Value Puzzles for 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids. Kids will match these puzzles for a fun, hands on math activity.
FREE Money Activities for Kids
- Hungry Caterpillars Money Game
- Parts of a Dollar Flip Book
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Free Money Mini Book
- 25 Fun Money Math Activities
- Bankable Spelling Words
- Carnival Subtraction Money Game
- Robot Money Practice for Kids
- Grocery Task Cards Money Activity
- Money Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Color the Coins Discrimination Worksheets
Here is anther great coin counting activity for you. Last month, I shared the coin counting clip cards. This activity is great for 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. For NO PREP math practice with money see our 2000+ page of free math worksheets
To prep: Print and laminate the puzzles. Then cut out the individual puzzles.
To use: Have the student count out the values of the coins on each puzzle piece and find the puzzle piece with the matching value.
Example: 1 quarter= 2 dimes + 1 nickel
These puzzles also provide opportunities to recognize both sides of each coin. Students will match the heads and the tails side of each coin.
For the groups of coins it may help to write out the values of each coin in the form of an addition problem for students who are not ready to do the skip counting in their head. Remember to have the child count the largest coins first and work through to the smallest coins. (Quarters, dimes, nickels, then pennies.)
To extend the activity you can have the students count out the values using real coins or find an alternative group of coins that would equal the same amount. For another extension, tell your child a money value and have her find 5 different ways to make that value.
Download FREE Coin Value Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.