Kids will have fun practicing counting coins and learning American money with this fun, free printable counting coins games. This is such a fun, no-prep counting money activity for first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Simply download pdf file with counting money games and you are ready for hands-on math!
Counting Coins Games
In second grade this year, we are working hard to learn how to count money. Last year we focused on counting one type of coin at a time making use of skip counting to add up the coin values. This year we are working on mixed coin values the utilize skip counting and addition with carrying to find the total value. This counting coins game fits in perfectly with the second grade skill level of learning to add with carrying and adding higher numbers, but is handy for kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 2 students too.
Counting money games
This fun counting coin game is perfect for helping teach coin values for kids! Whether you are a classroom teacher and are looking for a math center activity, a parent trying to help their child get extra practice counting coins, or a homeschooler looking to reinforce what you’ve been learning in your math lessons – this money activity for kids is sure to be just what you are looking for!
- paper or card stock
- counting coin game (see bottom of post)
- laminator and laminator sheets
- clothes pins
Coin counting games
Have your student count out the values of the coins on each clip card and place a clothes pin on the correct value at the bottom of the card. Your students will get practice adding and subtracting the values of:
It may help to write out the values of each coin in the form of an addition problem for students who are not ready to do the skip counting in their head. Remember to have the child count the largest coins first and work through to the smallest coins. (Quarters, dimes, nickels, then pennies.)
To extend the free counting money games you can have the students count out the values using real coins or find an alternative group of coins that would equal the same amount. This is such a great addition to your kindergarten math, grade 1 math, and grade 2 math!
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Download FREE Coin Value Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.