Kids will have a blast digging, mixing, and dumpling this amazing, 2 ingredient Construction Slime Recipe for a truly outrageously fun kids activity.
It’s spring which means…. road construction time! Did I hear a groan? While construction is frustrating to parents and drivers throughout the spring, summer, and fall because of the inconvenience, noise, road closures, and delays… kids love it! Young children are fascinated by these mammoth machines that destroy roads, dump the material into trucks to be hauled away, pour new concrete, and smooth the new road with a roller.
Kids will have fun exploring construction trucks and their uses as they play with this simple to make construction slime.
Today we decided to use our slime with a fun construction activity for kids that was a hit with all my kids from toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and more!
We started by whipping up our favorite 2-ingredient WOW Slime using 2 bottles of this black glitter glue and Sta-Flo. The consistency of this easy slime recipe is simply amazing and really looks like black asphalt about to be laid. It is perfect for scooping up, oozing out of trucks, and smoothing to make a road.
Black Slime Recipe
The kids loved loading up and dumping the road construction slime out of the dump truck. Such a fun slime activity for preschoolers.
Preschool Slime Recipe
They loved using the roller truck to pave new slime roads. (yep, that’s a beautiful slime wall in the background – this stuff is so much fun many hands like to play at the same time!)
My toddlers thought it was hilarious how trucks would stick in the stretch slime. This is such a fun tactile experience for kids of all ages.
This slime recipe is cinch to whip up and is the best slime recipe ever! It oozes, sheets, slimes, and easily cleans up with not mess!
Construction Books for Kids
- Construction Playdough Mats
- Preschool Construction Worksheets
- Construction Printable Phonics Game
- Tools Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Construction Letter Tracing
- Tool Themed Emergent Reader
- Construction Sight Words Game
- EPIC Slime Construction Activity
Fun Summer Activities
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- DIY Lava Lamp
- Pop Rock Science Experiment
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Epic Bubble Painting
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Lego DIY Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Sidewalk Chalk Recipe