Ending Punctuation Worksheets
Want your first grade or kindergarten kiddos to work on their sentence types and ending punctuation? Have them do these fun pencil themed clip cards. These will work well for a back to school review, during grammar centers, or even throughout the year as review or practice. I had my ESL kids in mind when making these – they will work well for them too!
- A4 paper
- Dry erase markers
Print as many sets of these strips as you need for each group in your class. These can be worked on during literacy stations and in small groups.
Ending Punctuation Worksheets for 2nd Grade
There are 14 strips and 7 editable blank strips for you to add your own sentences to the pack. Print and use a black permanent markers and laminate them before you cut them apart.
How to use:
- Have the kids read the sentence carefully (one strip at a time).
- They will then identify if the sentence is a question, statement, exclamatory or command.
- They will then write the ending punctuation using a dry erase marker.
- Then clip the ending punctuation with a peg.
- As an extension activity, I get my students to copy those sentences in their books. This is completely optional but it does help them develop their writing skills too.
Back to School Printables
These strips can be differentiated, so you can definitely use the empty editable page and add your own sentences to make simpler or more complex sentences for your students depending on their ability.
This is a great way to help kids practice and develop their grammar skills in a fun and engaging way. Do you ELL kids need more activities? My students always do! It’s essential that we provide them with plenty of ways to practice their grammar skills for improved language development.
- Sentence Pizza Parlor Activity
- Building Sentences with Sight Words: Cut & Paste
- Silly Sentences with Sticks
- Make Your Own Bug Sight Word Reader: Bugs
- Sentences Scrambles
- Smore Sentence Game
- Lego Sentence Building
Download Ending Punctuation Pencil Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.