Your child will love this hands-on fractions game. This simple and fun fractions matching game uses plastic Easter eggs to make practicing lots of fun for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
Easter Egg Activity
Gather your stash of plastic Easter eggs and a sharpie pen.
Bonus if you make this activity after Easter you can buy the plastic Easter eggs on clearance!
Begin setting up the activity by drawing out a picture of a fraction on the top half of a plastic Easter egg and the numeric fraction on the bottom.
So for instance, you may draw a shape divided into thirds on top and shade in two parts, and your fraction that you would write on the bottom would be 2/3.
HINT: You can either set up the fractions to match by color to provide an element of self-correction, or you can mix and match the colors. It is up to you!
Once all the Easter eggs have a pictorial and corresponding numeric fraction, invite your child over to find the matches.
Have fun with this festive Spring fractions matching activity! You can easily adapt this activity for any math concept such as counting, adding, multiplication, division, etc!
Have more fun with plastic Easter eggs doing these activities, too!
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for toddler, preschool, kindergaten, grade 1, and grade 2 students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!