Coming up in just a little over a month is the don’t miss homeschool event for the west coast – Great Homeschool Conventions in Ontario, California.
Who: YOU! Come get inspired, encouraged, and equipped for the ministry God has called you to do.
What: 100s of workshops + the largest homeschool exhibition hall in California!
When: June 12-14, 2014 (they have hugely discounted hotels from $89/night available!)
Where: Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, California
Why . . . .
This is the do no miss Homeschool event of the year!
- Don’t Delay! Book quickly to get your best choice of hotel location & pricing (I’ll be booking sooner next year!)
- Children’s Conference is very well done. I’m a cautious parent, but I felt completely safe and the kids had an amazing time.
- If you plan on buying lots of curriculum (many are discounted for the Convention only) bring a rolling milk crate type of thing. Then ones that fold are the best.
- One of my favorite things about Great Homeschool Conventions is that they are very family friendly. An affordable family registration allows the entire family (including grandparents) to attend. You will see kids in every workshop you attend.
- Don’t for get to hydrate & eat. In the exciting, back-to-back line-up it’s easy to forget to eat……
- Pick workshops by representatives/authors of material you are looking into and topics of special interest (i.e. High School transcripts etc.)
- Prioritize Key Note Speakers! Although all the workshops are great, don’t miss hearing Heidi St. John, Kathy Koch, and other big name speakers. There is a reason they are the featured speakers and you will be so glad you went to their workshop!