It is so important for kids to not only learn math, but to become proficient in doing math quickly at a young age. The basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division students learn in 1st grade and 2nd grade are the foundation for the rest of school and their lives. To help kids review and become more proficient I created this fun math games – Mad Minutes.
Help your 2nd grader get some extra math practice, review information learned, and achieve proficiency. These worksheets for kids in 2nd grade include:
- single, double, and triple digit addition
- single, double, and triple digit subtractions
- Borrowing / Carrying Over Numbers in Addition & Subtraction
- Simple Multiplication (1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 10s)
- Simple Division (1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 10s)
- Word Problems
The 13 math worksheets for 2nd grade get progressively more difficult to help kids review all math learned in 2nd grade.
2nd Grade Math Worksheets
Mad Minutes makes a Cool Math Games to help 2nd graders not only practice math by helping children working to better themselves, but by going back to correct their work to improve accurately.
Complete instructions are included in the download, but here is the gist. You give your 2nd grader a Mad Minutes Worksheet face down. Set your timer for 3-5 minutes and when you say “GO” they flip over the Mad Minutes Worksheet and begin solving the math problems. Remind them that the goal is just as much accuracy as it is speed.
When the timer beeps they stop. Now go over the correct answers. (There are answer keys provided at the end of the worksheets). How many did they finish? How many did they get right?
Continue using the same worksheet(s) until they can complete at least 90% with a 90% accuracy in 3-5 minutes.
FREE 2nd Grade Resources
- Oregon Trail Skip Counting – help your 2nd grader practice skip counting by 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, and 10s so they are ready for basic multiplication and division.
- Fried Chicken Sight Word Game for Kids
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Connect 4 Spelling Word Practice (for any spelling word list)
- 20+ Really Fun Science Activities for Kids
- Worksheets for Kids
- Complete American History Units for Kids (free!) – spend a month and study Early Explorers, Colonial America, American Revolutionary War, the Westward Expansion, and more.
Download FREE 2nd Grade Math Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!