National Candy DayI love these silly holidays as they are a great way to bring hands-on learning into the classroom. Kids will love these learning activities for National Candy Day where they can learn all about candy in a variety of ways.
Candy Language Arts Activities
- Learn sight words with the Candyland sight word game!
- The candy train game helps new readers learn sight words. This game could also be modified for older students.
- Learn to spell with M&Ms!
- Teach symbolism to older kids using lollipops.
- Teach letters to young kids with candy alphabet bingo!
Candy STEM Activities
- If your kids love the night sky, make these marshmallow constellations using marshmallows and toothpicks.
- Dissolve Skittles (or any other kind of candy) for a delicious science experiment!
- Build an edible solar system. Kids will go nuts for this one!
- Design a candy catapult for a fun engineering project.
- Find out which candies melt in this science experiment.
- Inflate a balloon with candy in this fun science project.
- Learn what candy will sink or float in this science project.
Candy Art Activities
- This Starburst Mosaic is a fun way to use candy without eating it.
- Transform Twizzlers into bracelets!
- Can candy become paint?
- Nerds actually make a wonderfully bright paint!
- Transform sticky candies into clay in this fun activity.
- Make Koolaid rock candy.
Candy Science Experiments
- Pop Rock Science Experiment
- Oreo Moon Phases
- Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- Edible Geode Science Experiment
- Candy Animal Cells
- Candy Science Races
Our Favorite Candy Books
These books are candy-themed and a whole lot of fun!
- he Candy Corn Contest
- The Candy Shop War
- The Candy Smash
- Candy Experiments
- The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase
- The Candy Fairies
- Many Luscious Lollipops
- The Hershey's Milk Chocolate Fraction Book
- The Candy Conspiracy
- Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (check out the activities for Roland Dahl Day)
- Math Candy
Brenda is a full-time writer and homeschooling mom to two girls. Brenda blogs about STEM activities and ADHD homeschooling at Schooling a Monkey. When she isn't working, you'll find Brenda sipping on coffee with her nose in a book.