These cute fall number mats are great for helping kids to develop their number sense.
Counting 0-10 - Printables & Activities
- Counting with Apples Mini Book
- Candy Corn Number Puzzles
- Planting a Number Line Math Game
- Playdough PLAYmats
- Practice Writing Numbers 1-20
- Bingo Marker Number Worksheets
- Hungry Caterpillars Number Book
- Lego Duplo Number Mats
There is a fall number mat for every number from zero to ten.
Print and use a laminator to prepare these fall number mats. If you don't have a laminator, simply place the mats in a clear sheet protector.
Choose one number mat to focus on at a time. Talk about the number and then get the kids to trace the number using an erasable marker. I prefer to use regular washable markers because they can be wiped off easily with a damp cloth.
After that make the number with playdough and count that number of apples for the tree. You can use a variety of materials to make the apples for the tree. Some of my favorites are playdough, pom poms and buttons. I found some cute apple buttons at a discount store, but regular buttons work just fine too.
Challenge the kids to count on from the number on their mat. So if they have a mat with seven, they need to count 7, 8, 9, 10...
Download Fall Number MatsBefore you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Rosemary is an Australian Early Childhood Teacher and founder of Fairy Poppins Teaching Resources. She has a passion for play-based learning and creating printables for teachers and students that make learning fun. You can find her on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.