Learning their letters and their sounds is one of the main “jobs” for Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten age kids.
Here is a fun, free printable 4-in-1 alphabet game for kids to have fun practicing their letters.
Alphabet GameI love making activities that grow with your kids and can be used by sibling groups together! It makes printing in color worth it. For the following 4 alphabet activities you are going to print the black and white worksheets and the upper and lower case alphabet bugs in color and use a laminator for durability.
Hint: We use refurbished ink for a fraction of the cost that works great! We only spend about $20-40/year for all the color printing we do!
Peek-a-Bug Capital LettersThis simple game is intended to help Toddler and Preschool age kids recognize alphabet letters. You will only need the capital letters which you will place letter down (in a pile or grid).
Kids turn over a letter and say the letter name, “This is the letter D”. Then kids will color in the letter D on their worksheet.
Hint: To enhance this activity tell kids the sound the letters make as they color them in. The D says d.
Peek-a-Bug Lowercase Letters
Game number two is another simple activity to help Toddler and Preschool age kids recognize alphabet letters. As this alphabet activity is for lowercase letters, you will only need the lowercase letters. Place the letters face down (in a pile or grid).
Kids turn over a letter and say the letter name, “This is the letter e”. Then kids will color in the letter e on their worksheet.
Hint: To enhance this activity tell kids the sound the letters make as they color them in. The e says eh.
Capital / Lower Case Alphabet Matching GameThis game is played like memory with a friend. Flip all the cards over arrange in a grid. Flip two cards at a time and if you match the upper and lowercase letters you made a match. If you make a match you get to go again.
Continue taking turns and making matches until all the letters have been paired up. The person who has the most matches at the end wins.
This game is great to help Preschool & Kindergarten age kids to practice identifying upper and lowercase letters.
Peek-A-Bug Phonics Game
The fourth game is for kids who know their letters and the sounds they make: Preschool and Kindergarten.
This activity can be done independently or with others as a game. Turn all the upper and lowercase letters face down in a grid. Kids will take turns flipping over one card. In the example above we turned over a letter c. The c says K as in corn. So we would color in the corn on the worksheet. (turn the card over and keep it in the game)
Continue taking turns until someone colors in the whole alphabet.
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super Hero Alphabet Pennants (free)
- Cut & Paste Alphabet Book with writing practice (free)
- Alphabet Playdough PLAYmats (free)
- Alphabet Dot to Dot Book (free)
- 17 DIY Alphabet Letter Manipulatives
- Bingo Marker Alphabet Letter Find (free)
- Phonics Coloring Pages (free)
Download Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Game
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836 and Dancing Crayon Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!