I love picture books!
Picture books not only have some amazing illustrations that help stories come to life, but they are filled with sweet and simple beautiful stories that most of us remember our whole life.
Picture books are filled with such sweet memories of cuddling on the couch with my kids and reading.
Don’t pack up those picture books yet!
Here are 27 specific examples of ways to Use Picture Books to Teach Literary Techniques in Middle & High School from Our Journey Westward!
Wondering what in the world a literary technique is? Here are the ones included: allegory, alliteration, hyberbole, idiomes, imagery, irony, metaphors, onomatopoeia, and personification
Book Recommendations for Kids
- Making Sense of Reading Levels
- 50 Books for Kindergartners to Read by Themselves
- 45 Must Read Books for Kindergartners (Read Aloud)
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- Favorite 1st Grade Read Aloud Picture Books
- 17+ 1st Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books you won't want to miss!
- 17+ 2nd Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books Kids Love
- 25 More 2nd Grade Chapter Books to Read
- 3rd Grade Reading List