I received a sample project and compensation for time to facilitate a review. I never review products I don’t think my readers will LOVE! All opinions stated below are completely my own.
History Kits for every Homeschool FamilyArt in History has over 35 hands-on, brain based kits that align with Common Core & National Standards for Grades 3-12. Each history kit is developed around a historically significant artifact, time period, or piece of art that tie to Literacy, Math, Social Studies, and Fine Arts. The kits range from United States History to World History Projects.
Each student kit is available to homeschoolers at an affordable price. Discounted kits are available for homeschool coop projects and public school educators who need 18 or more kits. Each kit comes with everything you need to do the project including artifact, brush, sponge, quick dry paint*, and a free Teacher’s Guide.
NOTE: Art in History is now selling their odorless, non-toxic craft paint that conform to ASTM D-4236 safety standards. All acrylic paints is conveniently packaged in 2 oz. bottles and can be used on bisque, wood, metal, plastic, and other general craft projects.
Hands on Education - Ancient EgyptiansAs our family is studying Ancient Egypt, I was excited to try the Ramses II Canopic Jars. I love integrating hands on learning with our studies. My kids always remember our projects and the information that correlates to the history projects best.
As much as I like coming up with clever crafts and activities for every aspect of our homeschool, sometimes my time, energy, and quite honestly inspiration just isn’t there. Now after seeing these beautiful, authentic jars, a toilet paper Canopic Jar doesn’t even come close!! I love affordable, easy to complete learning activities!
We started by finding Egypt and the Nile River on our map and reading some background information from the FREE Teacher’s Guide included with each project. We learned that our Duamatef (Jackal Head) Jar was one of four jars discovered holding Ramses II mummified remains. The Duamatef Jar we made held his stomach. (My 2nd grader thought that was way cool!)
Next, we began creating our replica of the Ramses II Canopic Jars. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. It was so nice to have everything we needed to create our project . My Kindergartner really enjoyed doing the painting.
Why we love Art in History’s Educational Projects
- Quality, accurate materials (the paint dried SO quickly!)
- Great for children of all ages (perfect for homeschooling families to do together - K-12th grade)
- Can be used alongside any curriculum
- Kids get to discover through creativity
- Makes the time period studied come alive
- Students will remember your study better as children remember far more of what they touch and do than what they simply hear.
- It’s FUN! (I don’t know about you, but I love having fun in ours homeschool!)
- Aligns with Common Core & National Standards
- Affordable at only $9.95 (only $6.49 if you need 18 or more for a homeschool coop groups or public schools)