This post may contain referral links. Here’s my full disclosure policy
This week in preschool we are doing O is for Ocean. I made two themed lunches that were a big hit.
Tuna ‘Fish’ swimming in the red sea (peppers). If blueberries had been in season I would have used them to make the water. I just used a cookie cutter to cut out the sandwich – simple & FUN!!
Our DELICIOUS Tuna Fish Recipe
- 1 envelope Tuna (we don’t use cans anymore since they are lined with BPA)
- 1 envelope salmon (I mix the two since they are both so good for you!!)
- 6 TAB Mayo
- 1 TAB Parmesan Cheese
- 3 TAB sweet pickle relish (although we usually just chop up some homemade pickles)
- 1/8 teas minced onion
- 1/4 teas curry powder (don’t skip this! It is very subtle, but gives it a yumm… what is that?)
- 1 TAB parsley
- 1 teas dried dill weed
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or 1 clove)
- 1 large red apple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins or craisins (optional)
Mix it all together & you have a delicious, nutritious, filling lunch. You can serve it on bread, on lettuce, or in a pita pocket. YUMMY!